Thursday, January 19, 2006

Part 2

New twist of events…

24 hrs before the fight, I was told by Bow that David decided not to fight for reasons unknown and a French fighter named Bryce replaced him. Bow told me that I could fight this guy and even put me on the phone with the owner of Rawai Muay Thai who convinced me that although Bryce won his last 2 fights by KO in the 1st round, his opponents were Thai kids and I should be a good match for him. To cut the long story short, I went for it…(Sillyporean so easy to convince right?!)

Fight Night

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My fans :p

Finally, first fight after a year of anticipation! I was calm before the fight but all hell broke lose when the bell rang. I was put under pressure from the beginning and was chased around with punches and kicks and I think the adrenalin got the better of me! I was not breathing at all throughout the round! I managed to get the better of Bryce toward the end of the round when I connected with some knees and punches. I was really relieved when the bell rang for the end of Round 1. I was huffing and puffing like an old man! My legs became jelly A section of the stadium was really boisterous during the interval and I later found out that they were betting for me to get knocked out in the first round! Guess I must have pissed them off for surviving the round. The second round was a slugfest! We just stood in the center of the ring and threw everything at each other. Finally, I dropped to the ground from sheer exhaustion and the referee stopped the fight!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Exhausted but 'happy' after loss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great stuff! must have been a great experience despite your loss! i would never have gone for it under such circumstances!

Anonymous said...

cool. just chance upon ur blog via muay thai sg. currently am practising muay thai too.
:)